Soil and pasture workshops - Orange Field Days
27th Oct 2017 7:30am-10:00am
Australian National Field Days
563 Borenore Rd
ContactRSVP essential to:
0458 745 478
The first in a series of two half-day workshops designed to help producers understand and better manage the physical, chemical and biological properties of their soil. Pasture management strategies that improve productivity and the environment are also covered.
Day One Program
Soil physical properties:
- What soil texture have I got and what does that mean for my farm profitability and sustainability?
- How does water behave on my soils? Does it disappear, run, bead or erode?
- What factors influence soil physical properties.
- Online soil information resources.
- Correct sampling methods.
- Where to send your soil samples.
This is a free workshop supported by the National Landcare Programme.