Community Advisory Groups
Regional Local Community Advisory Groups have been established to provide advice to our Boards on activities and programs focused on community engagement.
They look at the effectiveness of Local Land Services' engagement with the community and address specific issues at the request of our Boards.
Local Community Advisory Groups are a legislative requirement to ensure we are meeting our community's needs.
Central Tablelands Advisory Groups
The Central Tablelands Advisory Groups are in the process of being established to represent community and industry views from across the region and provide advice to the Central Tablelands Local Land Services Board.
These groups provide the opportunity for Central Tablelands Local Land Services to gain valuable and practical input from members of the Central Tablelands community, across a broad range of issues.
Purpose of the Advisory Group:
- provide input into the development of regional strategic plans
- seek input from the group during project planning and development phases
- seek input from the group on the range of services to be provided
- provide a forum for focused and sustained discussion
- provide a conduit between the Board of Central Tablelands Local Land Services and the community on the issues that need to be addressed by Central Tablelands Local Land Services
- seek input about the issues important to the community.
The Central Tablelands Board has agreed to the formation and support of the following groups across the region:
- Community Advisory Group - Strategy
- Aboriginal Network
- Local Government Reference Group
- Central Tablelands Landcare Network
Community Advisory Group - Strategy
A Community Advisory Group – Strategy has been established to guide service delivery to achieve healthy landscape and sustainable agricultural production.
The purpose of the Community Advisory Group – Strategy is to provide the Board with a forum to consult with community when developing strategy and planning services. The Group is one of a series of mechanisms that the Central Tablelands Local Land Services utilises to consult, collaborate and plan with community. The Group will provide an all of service focus mechanism to support the Board to ensure regional community values are included in relevant aspects of Local Land Services’ business and planning.
The Group comprises community members that provide advice to the Central Tablelands Board including:
- Advice to support Central Tablelands Local Land Services deliver inclusive and effective communication, collaboration and consultation mechanisms with community in relation to planning and delivery of services
- Advice to inform the Board’s strategic planning
- A forum to raise emerging issues, opportunities and recommend actions related to Local Land Services’ regional delivery
- Support for Central Tablelands Local Land Services performance and effectiveness review including:
- The delivery of effective programs
- The provision of a valued service
- The identification of community priorities
- Responsiveness to community priorities
- Consultation at a range of scales
- Investing appropriately in community capacity
- The provision of comments and recommendations on issues referred by the Board or the Central Tablelands Local Land Services;
Applications for membership close at 8.30am on Friday 27 April 2018
The Board is now calling for up to 10 applicants to form a Community Advisory Group - Strategy. In order to achieve diversity, the Board is seeking individuals who represent a wide range of backgrounds, industries and demographics from across the community.
To download the selection criteria and information on how to apply please click here.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please contact:
Robert Burdock (Team Leader Strategy & Partnerships)
Phone: 02 6333 2319
Applications close on 27 April 2018 at 8.30am.
Aboriginal community members with a strong interest in caring for country are invited to attend Aboriginal Network Group meetings. These are held bi-monthly in the following places:
The group provides advice to Central Tablelands LLS on:
- incorporation of Aboriginal cultural heritage into service delivery
- consideration of strategic planning priorities for Aboriginal cultural heritage
- acknowledgement of traditional ownership and traditional cultural practices.
Phone: 02 6363 7863 or 0419 171 453
Local Government Network
The Local Government Network, in particular the 18 Councils of the Central West Councils Environment and Waterways Alliance, maintains ongoing formal and constructive relationships between the Councils and Central Tablelands and Central West Local Land Services.
The purpose of this network is to :
- ensure the proper management of natural resources in the social, economic, environmental interests and cultural condition of this region of the State
- assist, where possible, in the maintenance of biosecurity
- ensure there is a strategic and long term approach to natural resource management and biosecurity management
- ensure cooperative planning and on-ground coordination.
- Central Tablelands Local Land Services recognises the importance of local government in the management of natural resources as a planner, manager and local community leader.
- The formal recognition of this collaboration is through the Central West Councils Environment and Waterways Alliance Local Government Reference Group which meets quarterly across the region to exchange information, discuss and plan future activities, such as capacity building events, and joint external funding opportunities.
These actions are captured in the Alliance Five Year Plan which supports the outcomes in both the Local Land Services and councils' strategic plans.
Phone: 02 6333 2323
Central Tablelands Regional Landcare Network
The Central Tablelands Regional Landcare Network represents Landcare and community groups involved in natural resource management. There are more than 60 Landcare groups across the Central Tablelands region and five Landcare networks.
The Regional Landcare network consists of:
- Watershed Landcare group
- Central Tablelands Landcare group
- Little River Landcare
- Lithgow Oberon Landcare Association
- Mid Lachlan Landcare.
The Central Tablelands Regional Landcare Network assists with regional strategic plans, partnerships and implementation of on-ground works.
Meetings provide the following opportunities:
- to learn about programs in the region
- to learn from each other
- building partnerships
- capacity building.
Central Tablelands Regional Landcare Facilitator
Phone: 02 6363 7872